Scriptol provides a faster solution to program your web pages, your scripts and applications. Scriptol is the first language to use XML as a data structure.
Modern design of programming languages
New languages should integrate new concepts to make programming easier, safer.
Scriptol provides a quicker solution to program your web pages, scripts and applications. Scriptol is the first language to use XML as a data structure. It is object oriented, high-level and designed to be easy to learn and read.
- Description of the language.
- Examples of code. Source code of examples running with the Scriptol PHP compiler or other Scriptol tools.
- The Scriptol manual. Available also in PDF.
- Programming per Scriptets.
- Scriptol is used to build applications in various domains: scripts, Web applications, desktop software.
- Last changes.
- Archives of the forum.
- License of the language.
- The keyword dyn is replaced by var.
- # becomes the persistent comment code.
- Methods of array begin, next, prev, end are deprecated.
A Scriptol program can be compiled or interpreted, and even built within an HTML page.
The Scriptol to PHP compiler
The Scriptol-PHP compiler converts Scriptol programs to PHP and makes scripts or dynamic web pages. The PHP code may be interpreted on various platforms by the PHP interpreter.
Last version: 2014-04.
- Installing and using the Scriptol to PHP compiler.
- Last changes in the compiler.
- Document Object Model
Accessing content of XML documents and HTML page with a standard interface. This is a Scriptol extension but it is part of the core PHP 5 language.
The Scriptol interpreter is a teaching tool. A part of Scriptol's features is only implemented. The use of XML as a structure is fully implemented and allows to process information very easily.
You can get it on the download page . A full installer for Windows includes the interpreter and examples, an editor, and a reference manual. The interpreter is under the Mozilla 1.1 license.
The Scriptol to C++ compiler
The free Scriptol-C++
compiler builds executables for Windows of Linux, from Scriptol sources.
The binary compiler may be used with Turbo Explorer and Visual Studio.
A C++ compiler is required at backend. Scriptol is compatible with Visual
C++, Clang, MingwW, GCC under Linux.
You can link any C or C++ library to your Scriptol program. No need to compile anything more.
Links to libraries as GTK, LibXml, OpenGL, GD, and wrappers or C sources are available on the download page.
News about Scriptol
- 2014 May 19. New look for the site. Sidebar removed, replaced by a top menu and many minor changes.
- 2012 March 15. The site's domain has changed, from Scriptol.net to Scriptol.org.
- 2011-May-13. The book may be downloaded as a zip file. It is not longer avaible online on this site.
- Scriptol.com. Complement to Scriptol.org, this site is dedicated to development in general, its techniques and tools and offers some tutorials. It contains several sections devoted to programming languages.